Oct 20, 2010

1000 Tix Challenge - part 4

Mindbreak Trap has gone up - but not as much as I thought. Even though Cardbot is selling it at 4.50, the best you can sell it is 2.80 each at foggybot. I can't see it going any higher. I have already sold mine, and I recommend you do the same.





I've sold 8 Mindbreak Traps for a total of 25 tix. But as you can see, there are some new cards in my collection: 31 Bala Ged Thieves. And the reason for this is another Building on a Budget article by Jacob van Lunen. True story: I login on my main MTGO account, enter Tournament Practice and what is the first deck I face? Yup, WB Allies, exactly as described in the article :) I'd probably buy more if I wasn't that sleepy. I highly recommend buying some Bala Ged Thieves.

13 comments:

  1. Hey that's still a 9 tix profit on the traps so that's nothing to sneeze at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should look to obtain Gaea's Revenge. This is Ramp's solution to all the U/x control decks runing around and is close to bulk mythic price at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how low do you think Vengevine will go before hitting bottom, and will it shoot back up like Primeval Titan did a couple weeks ago?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mindbreak Trap - it seems that this time I wasn't able hit the top price. There are some bots buying at 3.25 now.
    @Gaea's Revenge - good call, but it's already going up. I've missed this one.
    @Vengevine - it's hard to tell. The bottom can be anywhere from the current price to 20 tix. It will shoot up when Vengevine decks become dominant - but it may be hard with the current card pool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see Frost Titan selling on bots for 15 to 16 now, think it's going to go much higher? Really wishing I had bought a bunch back when they were 4 tix :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frost Titan is very high right now. I can't see it going much higher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got a playset of frosties I hardly use, thinking of dumping them now and picking up again if/when the price goes back down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Mindbreak Trap stopped at 3.75. Already sold them for 3.1...

    What about Luminarch Ascension? Annoying for UW Control Mirror and Ramp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm craving an update here....

    ReplyDelete
  10. For all your investors out there. Jonathan Medina posted a new "most likely to succeed" colomn at starcitygames.

    a summary:

    BUY
    -Brittle Effigy (ideal fetch tinket mage, legacy play, seen more and more in standard)
    -Necrotic Ooze (in a SCG Legacy open deck by Gerry Thompson)
    -Genesis Wave (sleeper card, at worst a ramp spell, at best it does ridiculous things.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Help! When are we getting another installment of the challenge???!!??!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Right about... now :) Sorry for the delay.

    ReplyDelete