Jan 18, 2011

1000 Tix Challenge - part 7

Starting today I'm going to keep track of spoiled cards from Mirrodin Besieged and predict they're impact on MTGO prices. Spoiler seasons are probably the best sources of profit opportunities, so let's try not to waste any of them.


...I've started writing this post and I took a glance at MTGSalvation forums. And you know what I found there? The friggin' Blightsteel Colussus! An 11/11 indestructible artifact creature with infect and trample. Yup, it kills in 1 hit! And you know what followed? This:



154 pieces of Shape Anew for 14 tix. This monstrosity just has to make the arti-Polymorph playable.

I won't waste your time describing anything else in the spoiler - as nothing comes close when it comes to expected profit. Buy ASAP!

9 comments:

  1. I'm on it but I have a question - how do you get 154 without having to visit 50 or so bots? I'm having trouble finding a bot that has more than 4-ish which also means unless I get something else from a bot I'm leaving .8 credit behind which is not all that optimal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who said I don't visit 50 or so bots? The secret is knowing which bots sell in large quantities, and visiting the biggest bot chains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm guess I gotta figure that one out! Still managed to gobble up about 20 and some foils too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seeing a lot of chatter involving Shape Anew on the MTGSalvation boards - not a bad sign. Also saw that MTGTraders upped their price on it to .15. Supernova basically have not had any for the past few days so I can't see where their price has gone with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Booyah MTGO Traders has it for .40 now, up from .15 earlier today. Grand Architect has jumped to 1.5 from .9 and Hand of Praetors is up to 1.25 (from about .6). My three bets are starting to play out. GO SHAPE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supernova bots seem, from what I can tell, to rely more on internal supply/demand mechanics than external factors. It makes them an interesting indicator of a particular type of economic activity, but quite limited in terms of its scope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This might be fun. I'll tag along for a while. Shape Anew seems to be a "must have", but SOM was drafted heavily. Many people still have 1-2 of them in their binder. I don't expect them to skyrocket, but still a very good bet.

    My bet right now is Sun Titan. Bought at 5, now up to 5,6 and rising. UW Control seems to be popular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So how long you looking to hold on to the Shape Anews? They jumped to .4 on MTGO Traders but nothing else. Are we waiting for a deck idea to come out to push them up more?

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're up to 0.5 now, but I want to wait until Besieged goes live. If you think Shape Anew + Blightsteel Colossus won't see any play - sell them now. But I think 1.5 is quite possible.

    ReplyDelete