Sep 5, 2010

Scars of Mirrodin - Phylactery Lich has a new friend

Or a new phylactery for that matter. I've written about this in M11 analysis - darksteel is making a return in Scars of Mirrodin in the form of Darksteel Axe. Now we know it's an indestructible Bonesplitter - and it looks tailored for the Lich. As I'm writing this Phylactery Lich can be bought at 0.9 tix and I expect it to raise to 2 tix in a few days time, and maybe further once more cards are spoiled.
While we are at SoM spoilers and price movements that they're causing - Steel Overseer is no longer a good buy, selling at 2 tix. I'd wait a bit with selling it as an artifact aggro deck is very likely to appear with Metalcraft being the new Affinity. Steel Overseer is going to be available in Elspeth vs Tezzeret, but I don't think it will have enough of an effect to make it buyable again.
Keep an eye on the spoilers and have some tix at hand - I know I sure will, and if I see any new opportunities you'll be able to read about them here.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I love your blog so far thanks for the great tips keep this going! BTW know why the options are in another language looks like it is Polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I haven't even noticed that it's in Polish. I'll try to change this.

    ReplyDelete