Sep 15, 2010

Cashing in on Steel Overseers

The more spoilers of Scars of Mirrodin I'm seeing, the less I'm confident that Steel Overseer is going to see play. It's best suited for artifact aggro decks and those will most probably be Myr decks. They will already run Myr Galvanizer and Tempered Steel as mass pump effects and I don't think Steel Overseer will find it's place there. And this means one thing - time to sell! Steel Overseer can be sold easily at 2.25 tix, which is a very good profit from the 0.60 tix it was when I recommended buying.

Someone asked me about Hoarding Dragon - I think it's useless. 5 mana for a 4/4 flying creature is not impressive these days and the tutor effect is unreliable - Unsummon, Journey to Nowhere and Condemn all mean the tutored artifact stays exiled forever.

2 comments:

  1. How long do you think I should hold my Lodestone Golems? I assume it's better to wait a while longer, since they could see play in artifact beatdown, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sold some of my Lodestone Golems because I needed tix for a Standard deck and I don't feel bad about it - but I'd prefer to hold them. They should make it into a deck pretty fast after Scars release - and if they don't, you shouldn't wait too long before selling.

    ReplyDelete